Hello my Loyal Readers! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I will try to do better this week. We are in the middle of moving and getting ready to take a vacation, so it's been a little hectic. Are you guys as stoked as I am about David Cook winning American Idol? I Love that Guy!!! He has been my fav since before they picked the top 24!! Maybe a new blog coming??
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Apple iTunes

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Meet Britney, the Original American Idol


Long before Simon Cowell had his grips on American Idol contestant Kristy Lee Cook, another pop diva played mentor to the Carrie Underwood wannabe.
Back in 2000, Britney Spears signed 17-year-old Kristy as the first artist in her newly formed production company.
"Britney would tell her how beautiful and talented she was," says Marty Rendleman, Kristy’s manager at the time. "She told her that she would do whatever she needed to promote her and help launch her career."
The pop diva even promised to be in Kristy’s first video once her album dropped. But in 2003, Kristy asked to be released from her contract to pursue independent music projects.
It may have seemed like a questionable move at the time, but we're starting to think Simon has underestimated this season-seven finalist because one of these girls has a tour coming up this summer...and it's not Britney.


Source: E!

No comments: