Hello my Loyal Readers! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I will try to do better this week. We are in the middle of moving and getting ready to take a vacation, so it's been a little hectic. Are you guys as stoked as I am about David Cook winning American Idol? I Love that Guy!!! He has been my fav since before they picked the top 24!! Maybe a new blog coming??
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Apple iTunes

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Madonna on Drugs, Profanity and Justin's Ass-ets




Madonna is arguably one of the world’s greatest entertainers, and her induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was no exception. The singer regaled the audience with tales of drug use, a story about the time she made Justin Timberlake drop trou — and she peppered her acceptance speech with curse words.
She revealed to the crowd that her longtime publicist, Liz Rosenberg, was "smoking a joint" when she met her and that she and music executive Michael Rosenblatt once "did a tab of Ecstasy and danced the night away."
The singer even showed a rare moment of humility, thanking critics who "said I was talentless, that I was chubby, that I couldn’t sing, that I was a one-hit wonder." She said: "They inspired me because they made me question myself repeatedly and pushed me to be better."
Actor Tom Hanks inducted this year’s honorees, who also included John Mellencamp and Leonard Cohen. A shirtless Iggy Pop took the stage to perform Madonna’s hits "Burnin' Up" and "Ray of Light," later hopping into the pop star’s lap.
Justin, who introduced Madonna, was not lacking for entertaining anecdotes, either. In his speech, he described Madonna as someone who has "always been a woman on top," noting that she "fully enjoys that position."
He also shared a story of the time Madonna offered to give him a B-12 shot while the two were collaborating on her forthcoming album "She proceeds to pull a Ziploc bag of B-12 syringes out [of her purse] and says, 'Drop 'em.'" He continued: "So I immediately dropped my pants. She gave me a shot in my a** and looks at me and says, 'Nice top shelf.' That was one of the greatest days of my life." Madonna corrected: "Everything he said is basically true, but I didn't say, 'Drop 'em,' I said, 'Pull your pants down.' I like to be accurate because you know I am a control freak."
She then said that Justin was responsible for her ribald language. "He's rubbing off on me. He's bringing sexy back," she told the audience, before turning to him and threatening, "I'll get you, f******!"
Justin also took the opportunity to joke about former girlfriend Britney Spears, saying that despite Madonna’s busy career, she "found time to publicly kiss someone I may or may not have kissed myself… Of course, you all know who I'm talking about: Sean Penn."
He also noted the number of "Madonna wannabes" in the music industry today. "I might have even dated a couple of them," he quipped. "But there is truly only one Madonna."

Source: Page Six

No comments: