Hello my Loyal Readers! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I will try to do better this week. We are in the middle of moving and getting ready to take a vacation, so it's been a little hectic. Are you guys as stoked as I am about David Cook winning American Idol? I Love that Guy!!! He has been my fav since before they picked the top 24!! Maybe a new blog coming??
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Apple iTunes

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SPEARS HITS INSPIRE ODD ART SHOW


BRITNEY SPEARS' number one hits have been turned into art pieces for a new Arizona exhibition.Current and former Arizona State University graduate students have created a series of mixed media exhibits inspired by 11 Spears chart-toppers.The Number Ones show, which opens on Friday (02May08) at the LAS Gallery in Phoenix, will feature video, photographic and mixed media inspired by Spears' biggest hits.
One piece, a sexy apron made from a lace tablecloth, was inspired by 2000 hit Oops!... I Did It Again.Artists Mindy Sue Meyers, who admits to being a big fan of the troubled pop superstar, says, "The stitching on the apron offers a different identity to what would be a normal, homemaker apron."This is a duality that I think Britney has struggled with since she became a pop star."
For another exhibit, inspired by Spears' first hit ...Baby, One More Time, artist Nick DeFord has depicted a smiling Spears using black and blue push pins on a corkboard.
Source:ContactMusic

No comments: